I’m not sure who came up with the idea to start using forceps in the sport we know and love called fly fishing... but man, was that a genius idea!
All I know is that the best anglers in the world have been using forceps ever since, and you should too.
Forceps are one of the best tools you can use out on the river. Forget this essential gadget at home, and you’ll find yourself:
- Struggling to remove flies from fish
- Wondering how to hold flies while tying them securely
- Untangling knots all day long
- Swearing... a lot
- & a more unenjoyable experiences
By now, you’ve probably realized that you need forceps to make your fly fishing experience a little easier and a lot more enjoyable. But what should you look for when purchasing forceps?
Your forceps should be long enough, strong enough, and have a good grip to get the job done effectively and timely.
Let’s take a look inside:
5.5” Long Forceps
- Stealthy matte black rust-resistant finish
- Comfy grip –sticks to the hand well, so you don’t have to worry about dropping it
- Double-dipped handle –for added comfort & prevents hand blisters
- Surgical quality stainless steel
- Eye cleaning needle –to clear out the glue on the heads of flies and help easily guide tippet to the fly
- Locking handles –to help stay in place
Bonus: Nippers with Bottle Opener & Lanyard
- Stainless Steel Blades
- Bottle opener –enjoy that beverage... you deserved it
- Extra-wide thumb pads –for comfortable grip
- Eye cleaning needle
P.S. An added bonus to all our products is the free guides and tutorials included. Our Drifthook members portal is packed full of instructional videos and how-to guides designed to maximize your trout-catching experience and keep you informed. These videos are great for all experience levels. We’ve even had some fly-fishing pros learn something new from our videos. There are three fly-fishing levels included: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. To watch these videos, visit our members portal today: