One of the main reasons why you should be using midges on your fly fishing trips is because they’re one of the few insects that hatch year-round.
This means fly fishing with midges is a great idea and one of the best flies you could use to easily catch more trout. However, many anglers are skeptical of tiny midge patterns since it’s hard to believe trout can even see something so small.
Since midges are so small they can also be hard to work with. This can leave many anglers frustrated and doubtful of using midge flies.
All you need to do to fix this is match them with a thinner tippet 5x or 6x. Fly fishing with midges is only frustrating if you’re not sure what you’re doing. Good news we have plenty of instructional videos to help. You’ll know exactly how to set it up, you’ll easily catch more trout and have a much more enjoyable experience on the water!
Don’t overthink it… fly fishing with midges is a great tool you can use to catch more trout. All that’s left to do is find a high-quality midge life cycle.
Midge Life Cycle 32-Pack Fly Assortment Details:
- Each set covers the full stages of the midge fly life cycle. Nymph, emerger, and adult dry.
- Lightweight and can even fit into your shirt pocket for on-the-go fly fishing!
- Each set of flies comes in a pre-packed collector tin with easy-access dividers.
- Size of the tin is 2.36" (59.9mm) x 3.75" (95mm) 0.36" (9.26mm)
- 32-pack assortment - so you have more than enough midge flies that will last you a long time.
- Midge flies are suitable for use year-round!